Wednesday, April 21, 2010

change

We have had more changes around here. Brian had received some information that his job responsibilities would be changing way back in February, he started holding his breath. About mid March it all fell together. His old boss is now directly over him (yea!! for Robert). The former CEO, who had retired, is back trying to get the company back in shape. If anybody can do it, it is him. John is an amazing man, both in business and personally. Once those two men were back in their former rolls, Brian's outlook on his job totally flipped. He is enjoying his job again. It's still extremely stressful, but better. Another change...he has an office...not at home! I love Brian very much. I love spending time with him. I struggled with him having an office in our home. Conference calls were a pain. Trying to use the computer when he was working was next to impossible. I looked forward to him coming home from work. He didn't come home very often. He just kept working...


The other big change around here is our dog Peanut. The first of March Brian and I decided that we needed to find Peanut a new home. With Adam spending so much time here and needing to be on the floor to learn to roll over and crawl, I didn't feel it was a safe place with a large puppy to learn those things.
We found him a home about mid March with some friends that just bought a house with over 2 acres completely fenced. What could be more perfect?! We tried one Saturday to go out and visit and drop off the rest of his toys. It didn't work. I hope we can still make it out. I'm sure all the kids want to see his new home.
We have had people ask if we miss having a dog. The first week it was strange not having him greet us when we got home. But that's about it. In the picture you can see that Cali kept her distance from Peanut. She loves having her house back. With the stress of this last month with surgery and the quick trip to Idaho, I'm glad we didn't need to worry about a dog too. Brian and I still walk at night. We have loved getting out and being able to complain and worry and try to fix life without little ears listening in. The kids, mostly the boys, have asked if we can get another dog? A smaller dog? Maybe someday. Dogs are just soo much work. My mom would joke that it took her a long time to realize that puppies and babies grow up to be dogs and kids. She also said, eventually the kids learn to let themselves out. :0)

3 comments:

Selita & Craig said...

Brian's job needs one more change ;)

The Texas Bakers said...

That's exactly why we've never had a dog:)

I have a good life said...

You did have some changes! I am so glad you still walk at night. I know that was precious time for you.

Thanks for being my friend. I loved seeing you a couple of times today. It made me smile! :)