Wednesday, April 21, 2010

funeral

Wednesday night before the funeral I did Mom's hair and nails. I wasn't sure I could do it. I had done a woman's hair for her funeral over 12 years ago, I didn't know her very well and it was very emotional. Two of my sisters, Brenda and Terri, came with me.

It wasn't as difficult as I had imagined. My mind was set on the task at hand. When is came time to go then it became hard. I didn't want to leave her...

After the viewing Thursday night, I sat next to my brother Todd and we watched a slide show that my BIL Dave put together for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. At first it was difficult to watch. Before long everyone else had sat down to watch.





The service was very nice. My brother Blake did the life sketch. He did a great job. That was the one thing I didn't want to do. I knew I wouldn't be able to hold myself together.




After the dedication of the grave, many of us took some flowers. Terri took an entire arrangement!! I gave her a hard time, of course, but they would die soon anyway. She has a friend that she works with that is going to dry them and display them in a window box for her.


Brothers from L to R: Blake, Todd, Randall, and Richard.
Sisters from L to R: Aarin, Brenda, Terri, Jeannette, (me), Waynette and Dad in front.

I took a few family pictures, but this one I had to share. Richard is definitely the weird one of our family. Look what he's taught his kids! They look like a bunch of monkeys!! And they don't care!!!



I totally spaced it and wasn't able to get a picture of Mom's siblings. I got a few snapshots of all but Aunt Chris. I think Dad is going to send me one. This is Dad with his siblings.
L to R: Paul, Lathel, Dad (Coleman), Sana Rae, and JC

4 comments:

I have a good life said...

Thank you for sharing.

It is great to see the great family that helped mold you into the amazing woman you are today. You can tell that you are all close.

I am impressed that you went ahead and did your mom's hair and nails. I don't know her, but I am certain that she must've been pleased.

You are amazing. One of my very favorite people in the whole world. Every post reminds me why. Thanks for sharing.

Jay said...

I'm echoing wise "Good Life." Thank you for sharing. You've got a wonderful family. Your mom has left a such a legacy of love with so many to share and pass on.

Kathy said...

Looks like you have a great family! You are blessed!

The Texas Bakers said...

It looks like a wonderful service. Your mother was truly loved and blessed with a great family.