Sunday, July 12, 2009

Steel Reunion - Day 2 "4th of July"

4th of July fun. Avery, the tallest, sprayed her hair first. Before we new it they all wanted red hair.

We are hanging out watching the parade. The umbrella was for my mom and dad sitting in the chairs. I'm not sure how that changed hands. Standing on the left is my niece, Colette. The one in the middle is my oldest sister, Waynette, then my youngest sister, Aarin.

I'm not sure where my parents got this idea from, but we do this every reunion. The grand kids love it. My dad gets a pile of sawdust, then rolls and rolls of coins are thrown in. The grand kids go digging for money. Usually 6 and under get a turn first. Then all the rest join in. Dust is everywhere. In eyes, down pants, but they don't care....its worth the money.




After lunch, we headed over to the church to play baseball, more games, dutch oven dinner and of course fireworks!
More nieces, (L to R) Madison, Avery, Monica and Ruby.
These two boys got along great together. I think Collin is about to touch a dead bird.
Another reunion favorite is this cannon, a candy cannon. My dad made it years ago to shoot candy up in the air to come raining down on his grand kids. Sometimes the candy has been blown open and the wrapper is empty. Bailee said that most of the candy tastes, blackened. That would be the gun powder from the cannon. All the kids still eat it!
It's raining candy!!

We have Dave, cut off a lot. Brenda, Randy, Terri, and Derek. Terri and Derek are trying to hide. That's odd, usually Randy is the one hiding. I must of caught him off guard.
Three legged races, mostly aunts and uncles against the little kids.



Last but not least, fireworks. Once the sun goes down in eastern Idaho, it gets quite cold.

Although these native teenagers aren't even bothered by the cold.
I am so glad we had this reunion. Everything about it was fun. The drive up was a breeze, I only had two kids with me. The way home was a little more challenging. Two kids had been with grandma too long, they were spoiled rotten. It's great to have every one home again. Now off to the next adventure. Details coming soon.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

My sister-in-law bought a candy cannon years ago, and we love it. I'm searching for one. Do you happen to know where we could buy one?
Michelle
Michelle.mdc@gmail.com