Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pre-Reunion Fun

This past 4th of July weekend was a Steel Family Reunion. With Mason and Karlee having been in Idaho for over two weeks, I decided to arrive a day early, I was missing them. I also wanted to help my mom get things ready. So in the morning my sister, Brenda, and I went and finished buying food. I think over $500 was spent to feed the crowd. I think we had almost 50 people there for the weekend. Crazy fun!!

Our cousin, Lane, keeps his horses out in my dads field. All the grand kids think they are his horses. Thursday morning, by chance, Lane came by to check on his horses. I quickly sent out my cute kids to ask if we could ride his horses. He was so accommodating, he went back home hooked up his trailer and loaded it with their saddles, and what ever else we might need to ride. Lane is awesome!!! So after the grocery store we went for a ride.
This is my big brother, Todd, helping with the horses. Todd was as excited to go for a ride as my kids were. It was very funny.
Bailee took this picture of Todd and Carson galloping. When I mentioned it to Todd he said, "Oh you weren't supposed to see that". It was all good. I felt my kids were in good hands with his help.




Todd then took Mason with him for a ride down the road. Mason thought it was great! Although, they both mentioned how sore they were from riding. They both still hurt the next day when they went for a ride. The price you pay to be a "cowboy".

After riding, we raced off to the lake to meet two of my other sisters that live there, Jeannette and Aarin. At first Aarin wasn't going to come, too many little ones to watch. So Jeannette and I tag teamed her with pleading and guilt. It worked, she came!
We all had lots of fun. As for the the water, it was cold and the weather was sunny but mild. I think I'm too accustomed to Texas heat. I like my swim water to be in the mid 80's and the air outside high 90's or even 100 is good. But that's OK, I didn't go to swim. I wanted to hang out with my little sisters.

That first day was lots of fun. More fun to come!!





1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you're having fun. Being with family is the best.