Thursday, June 9, 2011

twilight camp

Monday I was able to chaperon for Twilight Camp.  As we were driving, about 2pm, the temperature was 95.  It was a very hot day.  We all had fun and we even had a station that cooled us off by having a water gun fight.  :)



 The first station was "worm hole".


 This was probably his favorite for the day.  Building and shooting rockets.  I took multiple pictures of the pvc pipe.  Maybe we can build one. 



 At lunch the boys designed and drew their flag.  They all took part and I think it turned out great.


Another rocket...  This space theme is great.  Everyday he has come home with some very cool crafts.  Tuesday he made a lantern where he punched constellations in the metal with a nail.  His favorite for Tuesday was a pvc marshmallow shooter that he made completely by himself.  Yesterday he made a sun dial and a constellation tracker to help him identify where the constellations are depending on the month. It's a good thing there are only two days left.  He is a very tired boy.

This week has been very busy.  Although, we have found time to play in the pool.  We have had friends over once already, and tomorrow is our Ward's Friday swim at our house.  Any spare time I can find I have been preparing for our trip next week.  We are leaving Monday to go to Hong Kong and China.  I can't believe it's almost here.  I'm getting anxious.  For one because I'm worrying about my kids.  Two, because it's China.  It's a whole other world. 

No comments: