Saturday, July 3, 2010

3 months


Three months ago today my Mom passed away. I called and talked to my Dad last night and he sounded good. He tries to keep busy, but I know he's lonely. When people ask how my Dad is doing, or when I talk to him I do OK. When someone asks me about my Mom I get all choked up. If I don't change the subject the tears start to flow. I miss her...
My Mom loved needlework. She often would order a pattern and all the yarn at once. When she decided to start something new she would have everything she needed.
With all her kids, and in-laws, Brian is the only one that crochets. I was touched when my Dad suggested that we take home her most recent order, it was still sitting in the box.
This pattern was probably the most challenging one for Brian so far. He had to start over 3 or 4 times. (He often starts over at least twice.) Brian finished this on the 30th of June. Since he worked on it most evenings he has become a little bored. I guess I need to buy more yarn. We both love how this afghan turned out. He just might have to make more like this for Christmas gifts. I get to put my name on it too because I get to choose the colors...he's a little challenged in that department. ;0)
I think my Mom would be pleased at how well it turned out. Thanks for stepping up to the challenge Brian. I know you are extremely busy, yet you took time to make this. It's beautiful!! I love you!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Bishop continues to surprise me. What an awesome thing. His talk this morning at the Child of Record Baptism really touched me, when he said "the Holy Ghost speaks softly like Mothers do", I realized I needed to work on that more. I want to become that kind of mother. Thank Bishop!

Natalie said...

What a beautiful afghan. Love the colors and what a beautiful job. Wish I could do work like that.

It is always hard to lose your Mom. Even years later there are times when I really miss mine.
Hang in there.

I have a good life said...

It is beautiful. Brian did a great job. You guys are amazing. I know you miss your mom. I always hesitate to ask about her....I don't want to sadden you, but I want you to know I care.

I have missed you and I am excited to be back soon. :)

Spudknit said...

It is so beautiful. Tell Brian he did a great job. I can tell she bought it. She has so many in those colors. :)