Monday, January 4, 2010

off to a good start

First Monday of the month, and of the new year, and we all were in attendance for FHE. Nobody dared miss these yummy treats I made. Chocolate covered marshmallow on a graham cracker. Mason liked the ones without the cracker best. We talked about our individual goals we made last year. The ones we achieved and why we struggled on others. Then we made new ones. I don't usually put myself out there like this, but I think I'll share what I'm working on this year.

I want to put pictures in photo albums. I can't say I want to be caught up, because that would be like 10+ years. So I want to complete 2 albums.

I want to read/study the four gospels. Many years ago I taught the New Testament for the 11 and 12 year olds at church. I enjoyed it very much.

I want to do better at meal planning. In the past, many many years ago, I would have the entire month planned out with our family favorites. Never repeating the same meal. It takes planning, organization, motivation. Already I feel overwhelmed! I know...one month at a time.

6 comments:

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

Good Luck on your goals. Those are great ones, but challenging. I need to do the meal planning thing, too. Never have tried it but want to. I get overwhelmed with the idea also. I think you are incredibly organized so you will do great.

Selita & Craig said...

Yes you can even break it down into one week at a time or one day at a time....you don't want to start out the year overwhelmed but you might find by doing these things you are better organized and more comfortable. I guess its "getting started" but you can do it......you did it before, right?

Jay said...

Goals are always fun and a little intimidating getting started on them. You'll do great. Share any of your yummy recipes or ideas on making menu planning easier! I could use any help in that category!

Those chocolate covered marshmallows look very tasty!

Humphrey Family said...

You are amazing!

Robin said...

Super yummy treats. A new year is always good. I hope this one brings much joy and happiness to your family.

I have a good life said...

But you are so dang awesome. You can do anything and everything. That is one thing I admire about you, my friend! :)